Friday, September 30, 2005

Well, the week ends with a bit more hope than it began

Been praying lots these days and, surprise surprise, there seems reason to hope.


The friend we've been praying for, whose been in a drug induced coma for two weeks, seems to be improving. We get daily updates, and it seems that as soon as you get two steps ahead you back off on the praying, things take a step back. So you up the prayer dosage, and things start to improve again. (Learn your lesson once Friesen!)


And, some of the other major things we continue to pray about seem to be offering us reason to hope.


So, it's better tonight than it was seven days ago, that's for sure.


Tonight we as a church are embarking on a weekend discussion on Stewardship. We are bringing in a friend to help us talk this challenge through, so tonight and tomorrow we'll be busy, growing!


Monday I'm off to Calgary for meetings for a few days. I think that will be good as Lauralea gets to go with me. I believe we are staying in the mountains. (Hopefully the house sitters will mow the lawn hint hint!)


Then, today I received a commission to photograph a new contemporary apartment here in town, which will be ready for occasional rentals. It will be on the web later on too. That's kind of a cool fun thing. 


So, all in all, I'd say it's good.


Thanks for your prayers now and then. They do make the difference, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.