Thursday, September 22, 2005

Seventeen

I had lunch with daughter number two today, (That's a chronological statement, not a quality one), and it was her choice to go to the Saigon River Restaurant. I always take the kids out for lunch on their birthday and the place is up to them. So today Hillary and I went out together.


Tomorrow is her birthday, but tomorrow she won't be here. Seems she's off to the big city of Edmonton (Yes, the self same city the Saskatchewan Roughriders beat on Sunday!) for a weekend of shopping. I think once she's done this trip we will have to refer to her as the traveler. She works hard, saves her money, gives a lot away to feed hungry kids, and with the rest she travels.


In spring it was with a group down to Southern California for a week. This Christmas she had everything arranged for a trip to London for five days. Till finally Lauralea and I said, "A seventeen year old girl, alone in London?  No." That finally delayed her trip for a while. Well, that and the fact that no hotel would take her reservations, being under the age of 18.


Anyway, today we had lunch. And I sat back in amazement.


These girls of ours have really blossomed into beautiful, confident ladies, in spite of me. I am so proud of them.


Hillary is planning to head off to university next year to take pharmacy.  Well, after she gets to London that is. So this year may be one of her last around here.


Whatever she does and wherever she goes she'll do alright. That's just who she is.

3 comments:

  1. It seems like you are truly going to miss Hillary. It's totally understandable. You are her father after all. But you have to be happy about the way she turned out. Just cherish the moments you have left with Hillary because who knows how long she will be around. One day it will be just you and Lauralea in the house and you won't have anyone their but yourselves. So you have to treasure the moments you have with your kids. I know I would.



    WOW, I didn't know how much travelling Hillary has done. I did know she went to California. I went to California in '87. It was a good time. But you must be proud of the fact that Hillary is venturing further and further from the nest on her own. This will help here in life. But don't worry, Hillary will be back to visit when she is off to university.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh shucks, Hillary will miss not going to london for the shopping.



    it is a fun town.......





    hope she has a good time where ever she goes.



    god bless

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is shopping up a storm, (and riding the roller coasters.....and her birthday dinner, at the Olive Garden was okay.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.