Saturday, September 17, 2005

Obviously, God likes green and white and eleven year old boys

It was late in July when an announcement was made in church that the men of Gateway would undertake a trip to Regina to see the Green and White Roughriders play a game. We thought that since the ladies of our church were able to take time to "get away," on retreat, we men would see if there was enough interest for us to get away for a day too.


Micah was sitting right beside me on that day and he was the first one to ask me if he could go too. I said of course he could, as he had the man bits necessary to be declared a male.


Following the service Thomas too indicated a desire to come along for the party.


And so it was that I put in a request for three tickets for the three of us to attend. It was all good.


Then, two weeks before the blessed event I was informed that all the tickets had been dispersed, and due to a major mixup, I now had access to only two tickets. Sigh.


So I went home and prayed and waited and prayed and waited and grew very frustrated with the process that had brought us to this difficult decision. I finally decided that since more youth guys were going, I would let Thomas attend. Micah would stay home.


In some disappointment I explained the situation as best I could to the guys, and to his credit Micah bore it well.


That was last Friday.


On Sunday someone came up to me in church and mentioned that their work had some extra tickets that they were not using, would I be able to use them?


(Que the chin drop)


Thus it is that tomorrow the three of us will be attending a Saskatchewan Roughriders football game. Not only that, but it seems Micah's ticket has won him access for us into a pregame BBQ, and he will be involved in a Jello eating contest no less.


My but the heavens do open.


Go Green Go.

5 comments:

  1. The amazing grace of God, eh?



    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool how it all worked out!



    And a 37-36 victory no less! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool you got to spend with your boys Randall. Just think in a year or two Thomas will be graduated from high school. Then he will be gone off to college. Then it will be just Micah left for you two spend time with. So it's good to spend time with your boys.



    Just cherish these moments because who knows how many more you will have.



    How did Micah do in the jello eating???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait some day, I don't know when, but some day the Blue Bombers will rise again.

    It will happen. Okay, maybe not but I can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...hey, a guys gotta have a dream!!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.