Sunday, September 25, 2005

Daily reading. God's Extravagant Love is Humbling

Exodus 17:1-7
God's Extravagant Love is Humbling


When I was out of work and money was tight, things were getting really difficult, Lauralea was pregnant and our food was gone. One morning I was all out of faith. We had prayed, and where was God.


Then the doorbell rang. An elderly gentleman from church was there to take me grocery shopping. I went with him, carefully selecting a few basic items. Returning to the checkout he looked at my cart and shook his head saying; "That's not enough." And we went around again, with him filling my cart. Ice Cream and chocolate sauce, pickles, soups, vegetables and fruit. I was overwhelmed by his generosity, and humbled by God's provision through him.


How quickly we forget the extravagance of God's love for us. In spite of our complaining and worrying, he loves us enough to hear our cry for mercy. And when he applies his great provision to our tiny need, we are silenced.


Lord, we believe, help our unbelief. Show us again your great provision, and thank you for all you've given us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.