Saturday, August 27, 2005

Holiday is nearly done

Well, it seems as though vacation 2005 is nearly completed. I feel rested, if doing something different produces a rested feeling.


I've got the house gutters cleaned out, and considering that it's been raining for the last 10 days, I consider that a huge accomplishment!


We've got the house cleaned up and out. It feels better than it has for a long long time, and that is good.


Lauralea and I have spent copious amounts of time together hanging out, talking, catching up. That is a good thing too. A couple times we headed over to the Bison for coffee and a muffin, and a talk. It's been nice to have time to do that, ya know?


Coffee at the Bison

And, I've heard some things from God again, clearly. Three times, through three different ways, he's been talking to me about my work here.

Healing. That is the kind of work I was made to do. I need to refocus on that work that gets ignored when I get distracted doing other church things. 


Healing. Personal and corporate. Spiritual and physical and emotional. Healing for broken people and groups of people.


I need to be more deliberate about living into that again.


Gateway has progressed so well these years, in spite of me and my pastoral fumbling. I am so proud of what she is becoming. I'm looking forward to what God has for us this year. It will be good.


And this place.


I've taken some time and looked back through my archives. There have been times when the writing has been quite profound and deep even. Thought provoking and occasionally insightful.


But it has struggled of late. Rather I have struggled. Like the girl who suddenly is unable to be herself because she's told that the dress she's wearing isn't very flattering, I too have become very conscious of my writing and thinking. And I think it bungs me up.


I want to push through this difficult place in writing. Into a more productive lush place where words hold the power they once held.


So, Tuesday I'm back at it. And it's shaping up to be an interesting Autumn.


Let's see where this goes shall we?

4 comments:

  1. Well, I hope my gentle teasing hasn't had a hand in your self-consciousness. I think you write very well, as a matter of fact; after reading some of your posts, I often think, "Boy, I wish I could have come up with that!"



    Anyway, glad you could get some rest and some catch-up time with your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I too have become very conscious of my writing and thinking. And I think it bungs me up.



    I want to push through this difficult place in writing. Into a more productive lush place where words hold the power they once held."



    It may not be coming easily for you right now, but your writing is still thought-provoking and genuine. You inspire me to be more real and auththentic in my faith, so I hope that brings you a measure of satisfaction.



    Interesting too that you refer to your church as a 'she'. My husband refers to cars and other 'important' things to his heart as 'she' too. A new realization about men..if it's important it's a she. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, "She" is a bride, that's how I know she's a she.





    And Marc, your gentle heart goes before you so I know it is meant in that spirit.



    So theres no problem that way. In fact I was thinking of hosting a Punctuation Party, right here on the web. I might learn and remember a thing or two!





    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things I look forward to you when I read your blog is when you speak of church. I was long gone by the time you came to Gateway but that truly is my biological church family. My entire Christian walk was born there with those people. They shaped me and formed me and modelled life for me. My roots are still there and it continues to be a place I pray about, care about and sometimes even long to return to. When I walk through those doors so many faces have changed. The faces that were children when I left have now grown and some are leaders in the church, some of the faces I looked to for wisdom have gone to walk this journey face to face with our God and some faces are still there and they are the ones that welcome me like the prodigal daughter whenever I return. So though the faces have grown and changed, when I walk through that door the memories come flooding through the walls like a dam has broken. So pleae continue to care for that little church, she has left a legacy in many hearts and many of us will always consider her our home.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.