Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Decompression: Day Two

Yesterday, after a five hour drive here, I hit the bed for a little afternoon nap. Three hours later I dragged myself out of the bed with a huge headache, and a swirling cloud around me, and made the best of things.


I lasted through a Miami, Chicago Preseason NFL Football game, which was great, but by 10 I was in bed again.


I woke up this morning at 7 with searing back pain. Now, normally I don't have back pain, just a policy I've instituted in my body. But this was a, "You're not gonna sleep anymore with this pain around so you might as well get up" kind of pain.


i got up.


I took some drugs and had some nice quite time to myself. Got out the camera while everyone was sleeping, and headed out uptown. Took a lot of pics of smalltown Sask.


When I arrived home most everybody was up. The pain was getting worse so I went to lay down a bit. I didn't really sleep till the last 20 minutes, then it was lunch.


The quiet here is good for my spirit. I think my soul is catching up to the rest of me. I am somewhat surprised how I'm responding to it physically. The headaches and back pain are new to me. And the back problem might be something else, but I have my suspicions that its related to the sudden stop.


And i am enjoying the stopping. The kids keep asking when and what we are going to do. I keep answering with, "More of the same."


There is enough here to keep the kids busy if they want to be. And Lauralea is busy connecting with her mom and dad. That gives me prime opportunity to explore the silence.


And today I'm here to remind you that the silence is indeed golden.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you: I think the pain is probably related to stopping. I hate to say it, but, as they say, "no pain, no gain". I think you're holiday will be much more profitable if you can get all the pain out (and early) and heal.



    Anyway, take your time. Heal. Rest. Sleep. Do nothing. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In running, we are told constantly to make sure that we get enough rest. It sounds counter-intuitive, but without proper recovery, there is no running.



    May you see this time as neccessary. May you be healed from your pain and my God bless you with quiet to your bones that is salve for your soul.



    Blessings, Christy

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.