Monday, July 25, 2005

it's just me

Well, it's Monday morning, a very rare sleep in opportunity, and yours truly was up at seven. yeah, I know, go figure. The whole rest of the house is sleeping, and I've been up and had breakfast and caught up on the news and washed my dishes. And I did all that while hobbling around on one foot.


I kinda fell down some stairs last night. The pain was, and is, exquisite. I actually had some moisture appear in my eye sockets last night, don't know what that was. Anyway, that kind of pain is gone. Now it only hurts when I put pressure on it, like walking.


I was going to see how it was today, before I decide if I want to do anything about it. It seems less painful than last night, so maybe it only needs more time to get better. We'll see.


People around here seem to think I'm more miserable than usual these days. I don't know what the blighters are on about. I thought I was just helping them learn life skills! And because I don't usually wear a grin, it seems the assumption is that I'm grumpy. All the time.


I suppose it's good that I don't get up and put on a happy face mask and walk through the day appearing to be Happy Happy Happy. I thought it had integrity that I could honestly be myself round here. And honestly? I'm not dishappy, really.


I am a bit distracted, personal and work stuff. Some concerns and prayers I carry around all day. It's a kind of a list that I carry around. I don't think it's worry stuff. I'm not really worried about church stuff or people. But it's like carrying around a list of things I need to give my attention to.


We need to do this, or we need to get that done. I want to phone and check up on this or that person. I gotta get those emails out. You know, just list stuff.


Maybe I'll take some time today to write down the stuff that seems to clutter my brain these days. That usually helps.


And holidays start in a week. I'm so totally ready for them and I'm not sure I'm ready for them, yet.


And what is "Happy" anyway? And how do you measure it?


 


My foot's throbbing. At least I now have an excuse for the "Frown" on my face.


That makes me happy.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.