Friday, July 01, 2005

Got that gazebo/pergola thing painted today

Thomas and I spent some quality father/son time painting that outdoor stage in our back yard. And I got a nice farmer tan.


Sheesh.


How hot is that gonna look when I hit the watersides this summer with my family?!?


Oh, and the Stain I purchased included a warning; Do not apply in sunlight. Do not apply in rain. And, the best, Do not apply on horizontal surfaces.


Huh? Don't paint in the sun or clouds and for sure don't slap any stain on any surfaces which are Horizontal!!


Good grief.


Let's just say I broke their rules. So now I'm a Bad Boy, with one sweet farmer tan.


Good thing Lauralea likes Bad Boys. I'll just make sure the lights are off.

4 comments:

  1. "Good thing Lauralea likes Bad Boys. I'll just make sure the lights are off"



    Too much information :D



    You are allowed to work with your shirt off, you know!



    Those instructions sound like some that were put on the bottom of the box for a tiramisu pudding produced by a UK supermarket. They said "do not turn upside down". D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have planned a better disquise. People will ask your name, then there will be a slight pause. "Can't say as I've heard the name. So where do you farm? Your crops get drowned in this damn rain too?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favourite stupid instructions are still #8 on my hot-brush (hair curling appliance)... do not use while sleeping. Makes you wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instructions on a wet-nap hand cloth package (the kind you get at a restaurant like Red Lobster): "Open and use."



    Oh, I see! At first I thought I was supposed to just leave it sitting in its dish and that it would clean my hands magically by...I don't know...telepathy? After a waiting a while my hands were still greasy and filthy, so I tried just rubbing the whole sugar-package sized package all over my hands, figuring there might be some kind of chemical reaction that would occur between the aluminum and my skin.



    Then I read the instructions. "Open and use." "Open" I get. But "use"? That could mean anything, couldn't it?

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.