Monday, July 25, 2005

Dear Hillary

You asked me the other day what I would like for my birthday. I was pleased that you happened to remember my special day, after so few hints!


I appreciate that you ask me this most years, and most years I reply with the standard, "Whatever you want to get me, it doesn't matter -just no socks."


But this year is different. You have been working regularly and saving up your income nicely. Knowing the size of your bank account, and the size of your heart, I thought I would respond in kind.


What would I like for my birthday... hmmm. Here are some options.


 


Your mother and I (This could cover her birthday present too!!) could really use two plane tickets to the UK. Now don't put yourself out by getting the First Class seats, the regular ones would do just as well.


 


How about a lovely Dell Inspiron 6000. This I could use for work and play. It's great for taking notes, planning worship, writing emails, organizing meetings, and searching the web for quality illustrations;I could use for my lectures to you. We could also use it to watch DVD's  while on vacation!


 


The Axim X30. This little puppy is great because it keeps me on date and on task and online, only cheaper than the Inspiron 6000.


 


 


 


 


And, if you decide to go with the Axim over the Inspiron 6000, you'll still have money left over to get an mp3 player. The Apple ipod, springs to mind, but the iRiver IFP799T would do nicely, if money becomes an issue.


 


 


 


 


The AIWA AWPZP5 is something I've looked at for a long time. A stereo that also plays the tunes on your hard drive, through USB.


 


 


 


 


You know I love music. The Classical Chillout CD 2 would be cool.


Course there's old Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatras - Come Fly With Me! 


or, Moby - Mobysongs: The Best Of Moby 1993-1998 


Of course I always love some Licorice Cigars   or Pipes!


 


But you can always get me something from here.


 


 


Thanks for asking Hillary.


I look forward to my birthday with great anticipation!!


 


Love, dad.

19 comments:

  1. Dell?!?!



    I'm telling Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't ask for much, do you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He who aims at nothing will surely hit it.



    ;?)



    Say Randall - I forget, tell me. When IS your birthday?



    It's always a tricky time of year for me too. Chris picked up a chorus pedal for me at the weekend - amazing how she knew where to go in central London when she doesn't know the shops :D And it was only ?35 (marked down from ?60 too!).



    I've just spent 15 mins running through the search facility of 101CD.com, looking to fatten out the CD collection a little. Came very close to suggesting Sanatana's LOTUS album. I remember the vinyl original *triple* album. Something quite special in the early 70s.



    Maybe we should start a birthday club?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hillary,



    I now understand why you want to move in with me when you go to university...because your father bleeds you dry.

    If you send me $5.95 + tax, I will go to Costco for you and get your daddy some licorice pipes.



    love,

    Auntie Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, The Day, is happening next Friday.



    When is it for you Toni?

    And what exactly is a birthday club?



    And, don't tell Logan. I still like his ibook, but I wanted to make it reall easy for Hillary to find what I wanted, without mods.



    and yeah, snowball's chance in Sheol, but a guy can dream can't he!



    ReplyDelete
  6. "And what exactly is a birthday club? "



    It's a large and knobbly piece of wood about 2 1/2 feet long. Usually applied to the back of the head if you're sufficiently incautious to mention you have a birthday.



    I believe mine's the day before yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-)



    Sounds like my kind of club!!





    ReplyDelete
  8. So, Toni, what was the year of your entry into this world?





    Lauralea's asking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1961



    I believe that as well as having less hair than you, I'm an enormous 3 years older.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm,



    I'm 1963 so you've probably only got 2 years on me.



    Children of the love and peace generation. I think I understand us better.







    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Randall, for some reason I thought you were going to be 41 this year.



    44 - doesn't seem possible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still the same old (read older) Randy! Still eyeing the high tech stuff.



    Can you believe that England is almost 10 years ago?



    ReplyDelete
  13. Nope - Allan, let me assure you England is still here and now ;?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Allan!!



    Allan and I (and Lauralea) were in London 10 years ago this autumn.



    London changed me, forever.



    But then again, working with Allan did too.



    Good to see you. Wouldn't mind sitting down with you and a pint again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, sorry Toni,



    nope, he lives here, in Winnipeg.



    We went on the same trip, back in 95.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Randall... You're not on vacation yet!! Where are the posts this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.