Monday, June 13, 2005

Don't know what to make of this test

Toni and Brad took a test and I didn't want to be left in the theological dust, so i took it too.


I don't know what to make of it.








You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.








































Emergent/Postmodern





86%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan





82%

Neo orthodox





75%

Reformed Evangelical





57%

Fundamentalist





43%

Roman Catholic





43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal





43%

Classical Liberal





39%

Modern Liberal





25%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

Charismatic, Fundamentalist, and Roman Catholic scored all the same???


It's a bit scary.

8 comments:

  1. I seem to be even more postmodern than you - not sure what that means. Probably means that I don't know what all them thar big words mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Randall..



    My blurb came out the same as yours. hope you're having a great day.



    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that Holiness was running strongly after POMO leanings.



    43% Roman Catholic 8?0



    Is that the Eastern Orthodox streak so many Canadians seem to have coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured the Holiness would show the most. I think the RC thing probably shows a desire for more mystery to be ok in my faith.



    So much of the church these days has all the answers for all the questions. I'm ok with a bit of ambiguity or mystery in my understanding of God and his church.





    ...I just hope i don't have to invite McLaren into my heart.



    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 82%



    I guess I am a methodist. Beats mennonite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 32% less fundementalist than Randall! That should be the new tag line on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry, Randall. Together we will beat back the force of Classical Liberalism that goes by the name Jordon Cooper! I'm 21% more fundamentalist than he is so I think I'm up to the task.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Randall

    I did the updated version and came out as a Cultural Creative - which is kind of interesting seeing as I currently attend a fairly conservative evangelical church and agree with most of it. I guess I never will understand the way these quiz work themselves out.

    Cheers

    Rose

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.