Monday, June 13, 2005

Back home

Yep, made it home last night, after a days drive.


Nearly hit one deer, and i did run over two gophers... i tried not to but gophers can be quite stupid. The one ran into me, or more like, he ran into my back tire, and the other one was doing a stand up then move to the left and stand up again and move to the right and stand up again thing. I kept moving to where he wasn't, and he kept moving to where I was. I think he had a death wish.


The weekend was busy, meeting wise. Hours of meeting punctuated by a quick bite to eat, then another meeting before the regular meeting...


And there was no internet access, so i went cold turkey for a while.


I really wanted to mention the Friday's drive up there. When I put up the prayer station post I wasn't sure what I'd see, but you guys totally rocked.


Through the day the requests would come into my cell, and I'd pray. It was really very cool. It was like God would show up and just give me insights for new directions for the situations I was praying for. It was the Holy One who was leading through most of the prayin.


And your requests! Wow. i was blown away by your honesty and brokenness, and your hunger for healing. I'm still carrying around a number of you for whom i'm not yet done praying. You should know, God is still carrying around your needs too, doing what he can to bring life into those dead places.


And thanx for the one of you, (You know who you are!) who sent a note saying you were praying for me. Cool. 


Saturday late we finished for the day and I headed to Calgary to hook up with an old blogging contact, Steve McMillian. I first "met" Steve while he was doing his pastoring thing up in Yellowknife. Now he's preaching in Calgary, (Talk about your culture shock)


He's a very passionate preacher, and a great guy. And his Blog Photo totally put's mine to shame!!


He's got some good pastoral instincts and some deep life experiences that will help to make him a good communicator. Watch what he writes!And thanks Steve, for supper! How long has it been since I've seen the inside of an Olive Garden!!


After that, i made my pilgrimage to Krispy Kreme and limited myself to two donuts and a coffee. You'da been proud! Then, as I left, i purchased 2 dozen originals, to fill the orders I had taken from home, and off i went.


Thanks for praying. Thanks for trusting me with your secrets.


i will honour your trust by continuing to pray for you.


Blessings

3 comments:

  1. Thank's for taking the time to pray for us Randall! That was a great thing to do and very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. You were hanging out in the same area as we were. We had supper at the Olive Garden on Sunday and Krispy Kreme on Monday. I wonder if we crossed paths at all...



    I had four donuts, including the free one they gave me when they came in. I had my sights set on a ceramic Krispy Kreme mug, but they don't appear to have those any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linea and I made it there too - Sunday. Oh, the delights! My mouth is beginning to salivate...we managed a lemon cream...slurp....drool....plus the "hot one"...oh my, the sin of it all and coffee, of course. All of this followed by a panoramic Rocky Mountain view, slightly hidden by rain clouds. The whole day was a blessed calorie-filled, visual feast from the Lord himself....all shared with a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.