Friday, April 08, 2005

Woo Hoo, we're not fat any more!!

A study that came out last year pegged Prince Albert as the fat capital of Canada.


Good News people, a new study has come out and it's now Saskatoon!!


Pass the Cheetos!



"Saskatoon is the fattest city in Canada, according to a new report.


In Saskatoon, men are more likely than women to be obese... the Association for Canadian Studies found that 18.2 per cent of adults in Saskatoon are considered obese, compared to a national rate of 14.9 per cent.


...By far, Vancouver had the lowest rate of obesity ? 6.1 per cent. The study had comparisons for 10 cities."


Whew, that feels better.


Actually, all we did was found the ten largest people in Prince Albert and got them on a bus to Saskatoon.


The report continued:



"Obese parents increased the risk that their children would also become obese..."


Apparently that's more good news. Dad's been loosing a lot of weight so that should help decrease the risk that I will be large!


via.



10 comments:

  1. but your arms are longer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic...it looks like your belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. I meant 'bus'; and THAT was a typo, not a grammatical error.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Actually, all we did was found the ten largest people in Prince Albert and got them on a bust to Saskatoon."



    so ya need english lessons?



    You've been in PA too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't spoil it Joanna. I thought I was getting lessons in colloquial use of language, so that if we ever visit we can blend right in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, as it happens, Johanna is on a Bus to Saskatoon today.



    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is she on that bus by choice?



    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of anything much more embarassing than a typo in a critique of someone else's writing! Believe you me, I've done it a number of times myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have you know it WASN'T a bus, and it was for the greatest geek-fest ever---MOCK TRIAL!!!



    our group made PA look HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read once where, the further north you go the fatter people get - more insulation from the cold. Which is why you don't get as many fat Cubans as you get fat Norwegians. In fact, the food reflects it - tropical climates tend to have spicy, sweat-inducing foods, whereas cold climates have lutefisk and whale blubber. So just accept it - Canadians are genetically predisposed to portly-ness.



    Of course, I don't get Samoans - they live in a hot climate and tend to be portly, too. Maybe my theory's hogwash. Pass the Soy Chips and Diet Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.