Saturday, April 30, 2005

randallfriesen.com 6.3

Change is GOOD  - Blogwise


Yes indeed, change IS good!


I have learned as valuable web lesson. Colour is great, but it's also quick to tire of !!!


I missed the days of wide open spaces where the words and pictures were framed by the contrast of the white.


So I said, "Let there be WHITE!"


And there was White, and it was oh so good.


To highlight, the black and white banner was a picture I took in Saskatoon. The four smaller images are the latest photo's uploaded to my Flickr account, just to keep up.


You can still send a text message to my cell, in that box beneath my mug.


Oh yes, the picture. Versions ago I used to have a drawing of my face in that corner, and when I took it down it was the biggest negative comment I received. Seems people occasionally like to see who's yammering at them. But this one's kinda, well, it might give you nightmares. And if it does, well, just let me know and I'll photoshop a smile and more hair on it.


The people I read are still there under Voices and beneath that you can check out my photo collection sets.


The rest is pretty much as you see it. If you find a problem or bad link, just let me know. I am a perfectionist, just not yet perfect.


So, lets try this a while, see how it feels, how it behaves and lives.


Take er out for a spin, see what she can do.


(I do seem to be using the "She" metaphor a lot lately when describing computer things. Wonder what that means...?)

11 comments:

  1. I would say it suits you quite well. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look. Right on.



    I've got the redesign bug now as well, but I'm going to try and take it slow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice digs! One of these days, I'll redesign my page -- or LT will pimp it, like he's promised. ;)



    Or... I could wait and redesign it when I should be working on my thesis -- that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. And your picture in colour gives it a nice balance with the other pictures on the opposite side in the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very soothing. Very mod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve MenshenfriendMay 1, 2005 at 6:20 AM

    What a great look. Nice job. Also ... I just looked through your flickr account. I think the next 10 Sundays will be Randall Friesen Sundays ... a different image each Sunday. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve MenshenfriendMay 1, 2005 at 6:22 AM

    Also ... it was great hanging out with your son this last weekend ... what a great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, personally, liked the colour, probably because it was so visually stimulating as compared to mine. Obviously, deep down in your psyche, you just want to be like me.



    That may require a good portion of counselling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Changes schmanges :D



    Looks fine to me, but then your blog usually does. Am I lazy or old-fashioned not to continually adjust mine? Maybe.



    I've just spent the evening editing >100 images. Maybe that's why I leave the blog to fend for itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marc VandersluysMay 1, 2005 at 4:36 PM

    You asked for it, so here goes:



    It should be "photos" not "photo's", unless one of your pictures owns some property or "is" something. If that's the case, you'd better complete the sentence, because we'd like to know what on earth an inanimate object could possess or what it could possibly be besides just a picture (happy? drunk? late for an appointment?)!



    :)



    Just a little ribbing there; I couldn't resist. Apologies if I offend. However, adding an apostrophe to a plural is one of the cardinal sins of writing, I do believe. I wouldn't say anything if it was in a post, but the reference to the pictures in your banner is semi-permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marc, you anal hoser!!!























    I'll fix it right away.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.