Saturday, April 30, 2005

Breakfast with The Mayor

This morning our city ministerial put on a kind of prayer breakfast with the Mayor. I went.


A number of different representatives were present to pray for different aspects of this city's life, which they did. Then the mayor spoke a bit of his upbringing and a little about his history with God. This gave me a new appreciation for him.


His election was anything but stellar. The previous mayor who was running again, had just been involved in a drinking and driving situation and had kinda lost the respect of the voters. The electorate seemed to think that the current mayor was the only choice left. Thus he was elected. Not a clarion call to the office.


But, like I said, it was good to hear him and a bit of his story today. Helps give a better impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.