Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tuesday Night, Holy Week

As we have been walking through this Lenten season, we now find ourselves in Holy Week.


Let us prepare ourselves for what is to come.


Pray with me tonight.


I will lie down and sleep in peace
for You alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.


O God, and Spirit, and Jesu, the Three,
from the crown of my head, O Trinity,
to the soles of my feet mine offering be.
Come I unto Thee, O Jesu, my King -
O Jesu, do Thou be my sheltering.


My dear ones, O God, bless Thou and keep,
in every place where they are.


Whoever has chosen to make
the shelter of the Most High their dwelling place
will stay in His over-shadowing.


He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God, and I am trusting Him.


He will rescue you from the traps laid for your feet,
and save you from the destroying curse.


His faithful promises are your armour.
You need no longer be afraid of any terror by night,
or the death-arrow that flies by day.


The Lord Himself is your refuge;
you have made the Most High your stronghold.


Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for You are my crag and my stronghold.


How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.


I will not lie down tonight with sin,
nor shall sin
nor sin's shadow
lie down with me.


O God of life, this night,
O darken not to me Thy light.
O God of life, this night,
close not Thy gladness to my sight.
O God of life, this night,
Thy door to me, O shut not tight,
O God of life, this night.


 



The peace of all peace
be mine this night
in the name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.