Tuesday, March 15, 2005

October 18, 1993 Monday, 5:30pm 12 C outside, very nice.

It seems I was blogging way back in 1993, even before the Internet was cool!!


I found an old digital journal I kept back then. On October 18, I wrote:



The church at large will be moving from an event oriented  structure, to a relational oriented structure in the years to come. In the past the church has moved in special services, films, activities, concerts, special speakers, etc. We have used the "Big Event" to draw the saved and unsaved alike.  Now, however, we are in a transition period.  We are becoming more of a family.  We are connected to one another through the blood.  This gives us a unique relationship.  The world is moving through deep turmoil, no more absolutes, no permanent commitment of relationship any more. Broken and spliced families, hearts in pain, and on and on.  The need of the world is to experience the true love of a committed family. One that won't go away if you say the wrong thing. One that will support you through the good times and the bad.  I believe that this is where the Lord is leading His church.


Wow. Either I should be stoned for being a false prophet, or this thing is taking longer than I had anticipated!


I was surprised to read my heartbeat, even 12ish years ago. It still beats the same you know. I still see this as the direction the church needs to move in. Relational rather than event oriented. Connected, networked through the blood. 


C'mon church. Be brave and courageous. Follow your leader. It'll be ok, He knows what he's doing.

3 comments:

  1. I like that too - especially your "Connected, networked through the blood" phrase. 'Cause that seems to be how it should be if we are one body - connected to one another and to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the last anonymous comment - am on a strange computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Randall, I have faith in my generation. I am excited for to see the church in like 20 or 30 years. With the majority of Christians living in non-Western countries and the rise in non-western theologians and stuff. I think the shift will be good for everyone.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.