Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday morning

A bit of a groggy day off, so far.


I was so tired last night that I headed off to bed at 9:30ish.


But, the day had been filled with, just lots of difficult stories you know? People broken, people asking me to pray, people trying to live with these parts of themselves that are totally damaged and broken.


Yesterday seemed like a lot of those kinds of stories.


And for some of them, I know their struggles, and I look into their eyes... they fill with tears quickly. Or fear. Fear is the other thing I see in their eyes. They are overwhelmed, like children separated from their parents at a mall. Fear and tears and lostness and...


Yeah, like I said, yesterday was some day.


I lay there, unable to find sleep. Lauralea came to bed and was soon asleep.


Finally I got up and prayed for the faces and situations of the people I saw throughout the day. It's an honour to do that, it's not a chore. I pray for a time.


By then I'm getting hungry so I sneak some crackers and cheese downstairs to the dark quiet basement, and watch Boston Legal, a lawyer show I've started to enjoy the Sunday nights when it's been a long day and I can't sleep.


Finally I fall into bed exhausted and ready to sleep.


So, here I am, Monday morning. I'm groggy and it's snowing out and I'm trying to fix one of the kids' broken computers.


Maybe I'll get a little nap in. And maybe, since I think tonight is a night off, Lauralea and I might hit a movie. Something we have not done in a long long time.


Just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.