Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Send a note

During a particularly difficult afternoon last weekend, while we were deep in deliberation at the Board meetings I was at, somebody needed to take a washroom break. As they left the room we saw a note taped to the door.


We opened it up and read:



Dear folks on the CBC Board of Directors,
I realize that this weekend is probably full of stress. Nasty words like budget, cost, funds, and future, are being tossed around in a tiny room for hours and hours. But I would like to take this opportunity , while I have your attention, to thank you for all that you are doing. Because of many meetings like this one, I am here. If it were not for your hard work, and hearts bent toward service there would not be CBC for me to attend. God is using your hard work to affect people like me, both now, and in the future. He is creating a holy people for Himself... and you have an important role to play. Your dedication to God's work is affecting me right now. Conversations are stretching how I look at myself, how I think others look at me, how God looks at me, how God uses me, and I'm changing because of it. Everyday someone challenges me. It may be something in a class, a conversation with someone, or a moment of quite reflection with God, but it never fails, something challenges me to grow more and more every day.


So, when the numbers are flying, and exhaustion is setting in, know that I am praying for you. That I am thanking God for you. I don't know most of you, and most of you don't know me, and we probably won't know one another until we get to heaven, but thank you. I am growing and witnessing God at work in so many ways because of your hard work.


I have learn't so much about myself. I have discovered I am compassionate, people loving, quiet, and loud loving, person. ...I'm also spontaneous, and ya ... that's what you get I guess.


But ya, thank you. And be encouraged. I will be praying for you, and know that God will continue to provide for the good work he started in you. ...And despite the business aspect of the weekend, I hope that you will also be refreshed through the company of one another and the presence of God.


An Anonymous CBC student.


After we blew our noses (well, all except for the bean counters :-)), we got back to work, a little more hopeful, a little more confident, and a lot more at peace.


Amazing what a little encouragement note could do.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like one of those nice American students finally figured out how to use the tape. :-)



    You guys ARE doing great work at CBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sexy new format...if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.