Sunday, January 02, 2005

A generally quiet Sunday

As Sunday's generally go, today was much different.


No early rising to get to the church an hour before everyone else. No service or sermon to be nervous about. No worship team to practice with. No coffee or drinks to put out. No million things going on in my head at the same time, trying to track every piece of information people pass to me in a crowd on Sunday mornings. 


I was free to Worship, to simply focus on God this morning.


The kids headed to our regular house of Worship. Lauralea and I walked to St. Georges, the small Anglican church across the street. The couple who care for that flock have grown dear to Lauralea and I these past years, and it's close, and nicely different than how we usually worship.


It was good this morning. By "It" I mean our connection with God. We were able to connect with one another and with God, in simple yet profound ways.


If it's true that God gives grace to the humble, then this little bunch of people are blessed indeed. 


It's been a good week off. I've noticed I've been calling my folks more often, and been more relaxed at home. Wish I could be this way when I'm busy working. Wish I could turn if off and be at home when I'm home.  I haven't learned those lessons yet, but who knows, it's another year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good.



    Being home when you're home is a lot easier to say than do. Know what you mean. It used to be like that at Karawa and no where to go to escape. Wears on a person.



    Praying that your last couple of days will be good.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.