Friday, December 31, 2004

Who am i



Indeed.

I really do consider myself just a regular guy. I am the husband of Lauralea, and father to Johanna, Hillary, Thomas and Micah. Pastor of Gateway Covenant Church, lover of strong coffee and tea, (double cream), eggnog with coke in it, a solid radio signal, Nigel Kennedy, the colour orange, and God.

I seem to be becoming a writer, a photographer, a webdesign guy, Spiritual Director, mentor, father of grown up kids, and Lauralea's old man. I'm ok with all that.

The way I've been created and formed has been about prayer and healing. I am a shepherd, caregiver, gatherer, and thus I'm interested and concerned with people living out their lives on this sod. So much of the brokenness people experience comes as a result of trying to do it themselves, rather than the most humbling way of asking for help. I work with those who ask for help, and I enjoy walking with them as they find their way.

Reflection and meditation have become very integral to my life. And because I am a follower of Jesus Christ, I use these tools to connect with him.

This blog has been a growing place of opportunity to explore my areas of giftedness. If you could use someone to bounce some ideas off of, or if you are looking for someone to help with some Spiritual Direction in your life, I welcome your contact.

You can reach me here.
:-)

4 comments:

  1. Happened to get this site by accident, sort of. I was just "googling" to see if there were Friesens out there. There were. Why I tuned into your site was just a whim. You sound pretty down to earth, have the Friesen sense of humour( which isn't always appreciated by others).
    I''ll probably pass by again!
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am another Friesen that was just "googling" Friesens. I am originally from southern Manitoba but now find myself in Hamilton.
    Peace.
    dallas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen rather unkind comments that you've left about people in your commenting on other sites. I never met a pastor before, but I imagined they would be kinder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. erasing my polite, enquiring thought was deceptive to your readers and fails to show a Christian 'openness'.

    What are your motives for blogging if they involve 'fashioning' your appearance to others by erasing comments which have both Christian enquiry and throughtfulness in them - yet may not perfectly fit your presented 'image'?

    I have never met a pastor, but I thought they would respond to other members of mankind as equals, not 'erase' them.
    I suppose that's the advantage of the internet. You can omnipotently raze other people from the surface of its 'earth' in a way that would be unacceptable in reality. You can fashion your own cosmos as though you take God's role. Choosing which bits of reality/truth you extract. By erasing kind, polite but unwanted comments you can even seemingly erase people's minds and thoughts.

    My comment spoke to you with the respect and enquiry of a person to their pastor. Yet in the cyber world you don't respond as a pastor. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.