Friday, December 31, 2004

Auld Lang Syne

Well, here in Saskatchewan it's nearly 2005 and I'm listening to the tick tock of the new clock keeping time. Everything else is quiet.


The kids are at a youth party till late, or should I say early. Lauralea and I and Micah were at a great little party hosted by our small group hosts, the Wiebes. Between my head and stomach, I felt it might be better to be at home, so I got a ride while the other two stayed to party.


So here I am, listening to the clock mark off the seconds and minutes and hours which add up to days and weeks and months and years, and finally a lifetime.


I don't know all that this year will hold for us and ours, but I am confident that God will walk through it with us, as we let him. 04 hasn't been that peachy creamy, and still He is near, closer than I often think he is.


I am excited by the year to come. I'm also nervous, curious, and at peace. It shall unfold before our eyes. I'm just glad that the one whom Time cannot hold has promised to be there, here, and there, with you.


So, from me and my family to you and your families, households, offices, roomfuls, we pray for you God's very best. May this be a year in which you discover more of what it means to really be alive.


Have a Blessed New Year

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. Hope you are feeling well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a happy new year from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better in 2005.

    We've been putting the buckets to good use in our house the last couple of days. Last night only half our household celebrated, while we invalids recuperated at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A peaceful New Year to you and yours.

    Freda

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.