Sunday, October 31, 2004

Disturbing the status quo, one door at a time.

Seems that this story is more legend than truth:



October 31, 1517: Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg with hammer strokes which echoed throughout all of Europe. This act has been portrayed numerous times thoughout the centuries, and until the 21st century it was accepted as fact. It has become a symbol of the Reformation as nothing else has.


Ahh well, it was provocative enough to become a symbol of the Reformation.


Symbols can be powerful things, a cross, a red octagon, a T-shirt...


On this last day of October, as I reflect on the past 4 weeks of blogging, I'm not sure if I'm pleased or disappointed that the most provocative thing I've posted, is a T-shirt.


I am glad it got people talking. But I hope it also got people thinking.


 


Anyway, I'll be out into the nether regions for the next couple of days. If I see a keyboard, I'll think of you all and I'll try to post a "Guess where I am" note.


Cheers, and Blessings


 

3 comments:

  1. Steve can't guess!!



    He will be at the same place, I hope.





    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have these prominent Cov bloggers gone? Way out west to cowboy country. But since I know I guess it wouldn't be a fair "guess".

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.