Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Re-finding the edge of life, and hanging on

An update on that girl I was called into the Hospital for. I've been checking up on her and she's starting to find the edge of life again. Today she smiled at a few of my jokes. She's got a ways to go, but she's on the way. Thankfully, she doesn't remember any of the weekend, but she's processing her grief in a much healthier way. I don't think I mentioned it before, but, in the process of preparing for her mom's funeral, her uncle, (The late mom's brother-in-law) died of heart failure. She was very close to him, kinda helped raise her, and the combination of both losses, well, was significant.


None of her family has been up to see her yet. That still hurts.


But thanks for praying for her, really. A number of you have indicated it, and asked about her. I'm more hopeful for her than I have been yet. 


 

4 comments:

  1. I've been wondering - glad to hear she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAAANTSEEE - is that really you? I had some down time and decided to "Google" some old acquaintances and friends.

    Sounds like you are a busy guy!

    I STILL live in Grande Prairie and am trying to convince Connie (Siemens) and Tom (my brother) to move back up here and it sounds like it just work yet! They are looking into a new pastorate in Beaverlodge - that would be super! I saw on your website that you have a 16 year old daughter. Is that right? I have a 13 year old girl and a 10 year old son. Email me if you get a minute okay?

    Cathy Irwin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy Peachey?? is that you?



    Ahem, the email is on the way!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.