Monday, September 27, 2004

Andrew's moving

This is so very cool!


Andrew Jones, (Tallskinnykiwi) is moving his family to Scotland, to start up a Monastery. What a great fit, and good step for him.


He writes:





Sounds outrageous? Wait. it is even more wacky than that . . .
We think God wants us to start a monastery there - a pilgrimage centre for young people to equip, send out, and guide them to where God is leading them. A place for prayer, reflection, research, arts, study, and new media resources for the new wave of young apostles and pilgrims.


Hope God blesses them lot's and lot's.


 

3 comments:

  1. Looks exciting. For all the things I may not feel comfy about, he's following God's calling, and there can be no finer action than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it, I'm moving to Scotland. It's about time someone got their head screwed on right and wants to bring back monasteries. I don't recall God saying, "No, monasteries are evil, so I shall burn them all down with fiery vengeance." It's good that the past is being remembered and rekindled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, and if we were telling secrets here, the reason that excites me is I would love to be doing that kind of stuff.



    Modern day (Or should I say Post Modern Day) monasteries, located in cities and towns. Places that are known for prayer and discipleship.





    ...actually, isn't that what the church should be about?

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.