Saturday, August 14, 2004

G'nite

Well, as I sit here melting at the inlaws in Broadview, my thoughts and prayers have turned to the North and the worship tomorrow in Prince Albert.


As it is, seems Lauralea has been volunteered to be the band tomorrow - she plays piano. And I have been volunteered to lead the singing.


Grandma and Laura picked the songs:"Come, now is the time to worship", and "We bow down" and "The Steadfast love..."


While I appreciated their spunk, I reminded them that the average age of this congregation of 12 is roughly 372.


So I picked Higher ground, Near the cross, Nothing but the blood, etc.


So, there you go.


And rest assured that as I put my tired little head, onto my giant pilla tonight, I will remind God of you worship leaders and your work tomorrow, and, because He likes you all very much, he'll show up.


g'nite.


 

6 comments:

  1. Nice "So I Married an Axe Murderer" reference there. :)



    (just so you know it won't go unnoticed!)



    See you Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oooooo...the Kernel, with his WEE BEADY EYES! And that smug look on his face: 'Oh you're gonna buy my chicken...OOOooh..."



    There's hardly a more quotable movie (other than, perhaps, This Is Spinal Tap).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are to smart for your own good.



    It's always been one of my favourites.



    "...a piper is douwn, Aye rrrepeat we have a piper douwn..."



    Be there Tuesday Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Alrright! Give your mother a kiss or I'll kick you're teeth in!"



    I could do this at length.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woman. Woah-man. Woooooooah-man!



    :)



    (btw Marc, Office Space is another infinitely quotable flick dontcha think?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which one is that? The one with Jennifer Aniston? No....I'm pretty sure I've seen it, but I can't remember it...

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.