Monday, April 05, 2004

Les Miserables High School style

On Saturday evening we had tickets to see our two daughters in their High School production of Les Miserables.


Wow.


Were they ever good. I don't enjoy musicals, but these girls are converting me. This was Hillary's first time in a
High School production, so she was involved in some "crowd action" acting. She also sang in the chorus. I have a clip of them singing here, with the innkeeper.


This was Johanna's second year in it, so she got a bit better part. She played Fantine, a single mom, on the streets who is befriended by Jean Valjean. He promises to care for her young daughter as she dies in his arms.


Here is Johanna singing about her daughter Cosette, and here is her death scene, half the audience weeping.


Then, here is a clip of the finale.


Boy they did a great job. I was so proud of them.


 

4 comments:

  1. They did very well and I think Johanna had the clearest best projected voice of them all. And the innkeeper was outstanding too - not sure I'd want to be his teacher though if in real life he is anything like his character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to the exerpts and they were clear and lovely.....wished we could have gone. Very talented daughters, Randall. "Bravo" to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good singing of songs that are difficult for young voices. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve MenshenfriendApril 8, 2004 at 10:30 AM

    Randal ... I wish I could have seen it. It sounds great. I love the story.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.