Saturday, April 10, 2004

Holy Saturday

Well, it's all quiet around here tonight as everyone has already gone to bed. The Sunrise service is tomorrow morning at 6 am, so I shall be quick to follow them.


It seems like a very still quiet moment in a very hectic month. I was thinking driving home tonight that I think I've had one day off during the past three weeks. And most of it's been good work, you know? I am glad that Easter is drawing to a conclusion, and that it's been a good Easter.


We set up a little three station prayer area in the church for this Holy week, and tonight it was free so I went at it, and God came. He gave me much room to pray and intercede, so I got a lot done. I prayed for a lot of you tonight, and for your tomorrow.


He reminded me of my calling, and his promises yet to be fulfilled in my life. So often I feel inadequate and unable to do anything of lasting value. But my hope is found in a little verse where the teachers of the law were talking about how these uneducated disciples could be so brilliant. Then it was noted that "they had been with Jesus." 


There is something about being with Jesus that changes things. It makes you wiser than the wisest human mind, richer than the richest Ikea owner, softer than the softest feather pillow. It's effect is that of changing all the levels, takes the worlds view of things and turns it all upside down. And, the more you can be with Jesus, well, the more this effect will have on you.


I want to be with Jesus, more.


 


Now, Master, let your servant go in peace.
You have fulfilled your promise.
My own eyes have seen your salvation,
which you have prepared in the sight of all peoples.
A light to bring the Gentiles from darkness;
the glory of your people Israel.


Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.


Keep us safe, Lord, while we are awake,
and guard us as we sleep,
so that we can keep watch with Christ and rest in peace.


Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you are not classing yourself as one of the "uneducated" disciples. Seems to me there is "education" and then there is wisdom. And it seems to me that you have been blessed with more than enough of the learning that comes from "education" and an abundance of wisdom. I would rather be taught by someone who "has been with Jesus" than by the smartest theologian in this world - I have a slightly higher chance of understanding you-:)



    I'm glad God blessed you with a reminder of your calling and his promises yet to come for you. And may he continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.