Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Cold Tuesday for a funeral

On Saturday, the 94 year old husband of one of our ladies passed away.


He couldn't hear or see, but his mind was clear, right up to the end. On Friday he said his good-bye's, and by late Friday night he was gone.


So, today I am helping the family say goodbye, and say thanks to God for him.


He never did attend church, at least while I've been here, but God knows all these things.


I had a good visit with him on Thursday, and he really seemed much improved. But I guess every life has a "Best By" date.


So, today in the howling wind and blowing snow and cold, I'll stand with them, and help them say Good Bye.


 

1 comment:

  1. It is a nasty day for a funeral. I suppose there is never a good day for such things, but I can feel the cold wind as it is going to be biting at your hands at the graveside. Will be praying for you there and for Lila and family.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.