Saturday, January 10, 2004

Made it

Another close call averted by prayer and the grace of God.

 

I suspect most people are unaware of some of the very close calls that happen behind the scene in a congregational churches life. Usually not physical life and death stuff (well, except for the pastor I know who got a death threat note!) But it could be classified as spiritual life and death directional issues, that a church works through in any given year.

 

God is good and traffics in grace and mercy, but his people sometimes make bad choices. If they get carried away by their own deceptions, and pain, they can cause ALOT of damage.

 

So thanks for praying. I believe it carried the day. and I'm doing much better tonight than I was last night.

 


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that. Sounded like it was pretty serious to keep you up into the wee small hours.



    One of the problems with blogging is that I can't really write a lot of what I feel and think because it involves people and situations, and they can't be shared publicly. Worse than that, a lot of those people don't have a net connection, so if they did hear things it would be by 'grapevine' only. I don't think the BOTAM (hey, I like the sound of that) is ready to go 'members only'.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.