Saturday, January 24, 2004

The day is over

Well, we had a great day, Jeff was a great facilitator in getting us to talk and think about change.


Then came the afternoon annual meeting.


It was great, and I'm here to tell you that a new record was set, (If you keep tabs on such things) of 2.5 hours for our annual meeting!!! Two and a half hours! Unbelievable!


Just a few short years ago, the meeting started early in the morning and lasted till after supper.


This is indeed a hopeful sign for me, things are improving, we are gaining the reputation of being a healthy church. For those of you who know her history, that's a wonderful thing.


Thank you Father.


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Day long annual meetings? No wonder you're stressed.



    Randall, take heart. Not all congregations are like that.



    We divide ours into two parts because it works best that way for us. Each half rarely lasts even half an hour. Of course, if we have to make a big decision such as constructing a building or calling an additional pastor -- and there is lots of discussion to answer all the qeustions -- well, then our meetings might last 45 minutes.



    In the church I serve now I think I've only heard rude or uncivil comments only once -- no one got rattled. They just considered the source and ignored him.



    My point is -- Be Hopeful! I keep hearing about how good a job you're doing. (And Jeff isn't paying me to say that :-)). Your shortened annual meeting is another indicator of health.



    Next year make it a public goal to be done in 1 1/2 hours and see if people step up to the plate to make it run smoothly and without unhealthy conflict. I bet they will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brad, I always knew you were cool.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.