Tuesday, December 30, 2003

i'm a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad boy

I'm so tired of being considered a bad boy.


Walmart goes through my stuff, at Zellers I must walk through overly sensitive sensors that buzz when I bend over, and now, today, just tops it off for me.


I got a ring for Johanna at the Silver sense store here in the mall. Very helpful place and I found a ring I liked. It was really quite inexpensive, and I bought it, even though I was ready to spend more. Well, it turned out to be a little large on her finger.


So today, Micah has a $50 money gift burning a hole in his pocket, and he's been talking about getting a cool drum. Well, they have them at the Silver Sense, so I suggested we go look at them there. While we were there I thought I'd see if they even had a smaller size in the ring. So I took the bag with the ring in a ring box from the store and off we went. I didn't take the receipt because Johanna left it in Saskatoon, but I didn't think it would be a real problem since I simply wished to look at a smaller one, same design.


So Micah was looking at the drums and we were getting sold on them, and I went and asked about a smaller version of the one in the bag in the box I set on the counter. Without even looking at it, the response from her mouth was, "Nothing is done without a receipt. Company policy."


Huh? I tried to explain my need for a smaller size. Same line.


I said I didn't want money back....  Same line.


By now, I'm feeling like I tried to rip someone off. So I say thanks for the help and get Micah and leave without the drums.


So Silver Sense is out another $50, and I've got grumpy word of mouth.


Just because stores have to assume that everyone is out to get them, and will rob them blind, doesn't mean I will. And I resent that, just a bit.


 

3 comments:

  1. You must just fit the "profile"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be right.



    It may be my black jacket and knitted cap. I look like a longshoreman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give the ring to me....I will exchange it. I even have stuff to blackmail the kid at this silversense if I have too.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.