Saturday, November 15, 2003

Last call

Whew, what a party.


The wedding went great, everyone was in fine form, and the bride? She was beautiful.


The only snag was the intense, sugar filled, off the wall, "Don't tell me where to go," Ring Bearer. Nobody wanted to touch that child, and the plan was for him to walk up (we didn't even trust him with the rings!!) walk past the groomsmen, and sit with his mom.


Great idea, if he was interested in our ideas. So he came down the aisle fine, stood by the groomsmen, and when we were getting into it, he began moving back and forth across the stage!?! I'm ok with this, he wasn't yelling or making a scene, but then he started making noise and move about the stage, and I knew this wasn't going anywhere good. So I caught the best man's eye and quietly said, "Take him out." Bless his heart he went for the kid, who saw what was going to happen, but the best man was faster and got him. I had warned one of the ushers that this might happen and could she be ready to assist, so the best man had him in a firm grip and handed him off to the usher, then his dad finally appeared and removed him.


Actually added some excitement to the whole deal.


But I've never seen a groom smile the way this one did, all day long. And she was worth smiling for, that's for sure.


May God bless em good.



Now, I'm tired. Blessings and g'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.