Saturday, September 13, 2003

All's quiet.

Wow, my little weather box on the right says it's 3 degrees out there. I guess Autumn is on it's way whether we like it or not. Good thing I like it!

 

Lauralea's sicker an a dawg tonight. She's upstairs coughin an sputterin up a storm something fierce. I should probably stop talkin laak Jed Clampet done did.... ahem, that's better.

 

Tomorrow at church we are getting one of the college students up to talk about his upcoming year in Africa. I believe its the practicum for his degree he's working on. He's a bit of a quiet guy so I'm nervous. I wanted to give him plenty of time to share his story, so I've made that the sermon thingie. This means I'm not going to preach (Yes I hear that distant cheer!) But, he's not a public speaker so, I've told him to prepare and tell his story and what he's going to be doing out there. Then I've moved a couch to the stage and I'll be David Letterman and he'll be the guest and we'll talk about the trip. I'll cover anything he left out or forgot. I think it stands a good chance of being a good thing.

 

It's been a very long week around here. As you can tell I haven't been writing much. The Teenage Hormones have been making this a crazy place to live in. One moment you get your head absolutely swiped off for a wrong glance or a miss-spoken word, and the next its all buddy buddy and let's do something fun. I just try to keep my head low.

 

And people have been sick. I think Micah lost a few days of school and Thomas has been blowing his nose. As I said, Laura's quite sick tonight so we'll see how tomorrow goes. She's supposed to do the kids "Church" thing downstairs during the sermon, but she might not be well enough to go. She's been on a long run of teaching the kids too. I was teasing her that she hadn't been in a sermon of mine since last June, and she agreed. That doesn't help things either.

 

I gotta get to bed, so, Blessings on ya. I bet Toni's getting his gang up and ready for church right about now. Wonder if he rides that bike to church too?!

 

g'nite


1 comment:

  1. Yep, you were rpretty much there on the timing (you're about 6 hours behind GMT)?



    Sorry to hear Lauralea's poorly. Since this is a day or 2 late, I hope she's feeling better now and the rest of you keep clear of it.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.