Thursday, August 21, 2003

Yada Yada Yada

Tonight Lauralea and I went to the new (old) Bonanza restaurant here in town.

 

It used to be open but got really dirty and lame, then closed up. Well it reopened last week, and, well, the graffiti in the men's washroom is still the same as it used to be. There, enough said.

 

Next Wednesday or Thursday is the day that the planet Mars will be the closest to the earth in some 64,000 years. If you look at it in the evening, it's got a bit of a red flicker to it even now. I would love to get my hands on a Telescope for a day or two, and just spend a night outside, gazing into the night sky. It always inspires awe in me when I spend an evening looking up.

 

P.A. isn't a hotbed for Astronomy let alone telescopes! And, the kind of Telescope that would be needed would be out of my price range, that's for sure!!

 

Under the topic of Coolness, Bob Smietana, a writer for the Covenant Companion called me today and interviewed me a bit about this page and basic pastoral care/prayer/ministry on the Internet. That's right up my alley, so I didn't shut up. I am convinced about the possibilities of extending care and ministry over these wires. People can shut off the computer and feel closer to God and others, because of this place. (The Internet, not randallfriesen.com).

 

I met Bob last January when I was in Chicago attending class at North Park University. I wandered over to the Covenant Head Offices, and had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person, after reading his work for the past while. That was cool.

 

 

This flashback led to another flashback ....... discovering the cafeteria at North Park U.

 



Wednesday, January 29, 2003


HEAVEN FOUND...

The other day I found a wormhole in the cosmos, and I think it's a part of Heaven. Yes, the real heaven!!

I found it behind a door marked "Cafeteria"

Behind this door, I found all kinds of food to eat ...White Turkey Breast, mashed potatoes with gravy, varieties of veggies, tacos, cheeseburgers and fries, all manner of sugar coated breakfast cereals, bagels, bread, toasted or plain, with peanut butter and jelly or honey.

I found racks of cakes and puddings and cookies and sweets. Tubs of different kinds of soups with hosts of crackers. Four different kinds of Ice Cream, with 8 kinds of soda, and 2 colours of milk.

I saw 25 feet of salads and veggies with sauces and dips to reward any longsuffering heart.

I started with a turkey dinner (with Cherry Coke) and progressed to some token peas and carrots. Then for dessert I went for the Cheeseburger platter with fries.

Sweet mercy, and there were all kinds and colors of people in the room, eating and laughing together, as one. I sat down at a table of blonds (male and female!) and realized I didn't understand a thing they were saying. Turns out they were from Sweden. See, Swedes in heaven too.

To Cool.

I may go back to heaven tonight ....pray for me!!




posted by: Randall Friesen | 3:12 PM     





No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.