Saturday, August 16, 2003

Eighteen is a big number

Today, 18 years ago, Lauralea married me.

I'm more stunned by that fact today, then I ever had a clue of, back in 1985. I'm also more thankful than I've ever been, that we are together.

I wrote the following on a cold February night while I was in Chicago, far away from her. I don't like being far away from her, and the reason? Because I love her.

Andy's Jazz Club

As I sit in this smoky jazz club,
a quartette is playing.
People are relaxed, enjoying the sounds.
Over at a corner table sits a young couple,
obviously in love. The music plays,
yet they cannot seem to take their eyes off of each other.
They sit close, almost as one. She kisses him,
he strokes her hair, they notice no one else.
They are alone in the world.
And as the music plays a background to their love,
the night slips away.

And all I can think of, is you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your poem says alot - being away from the one you love is like only being half there. Have a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.