Friday, August 08, 2003

CHIC

As I said yesterday, the girls got home from CHIC, and seemed to have quite enjoyed it.


Brad mentioned it yesterday too.



The impact was tremendous on all who attended. It was without pressure or manipulation. The focus from beginning to end was on Jesus and his lordship of our lives. Worship dominated the musical presentations totally. It's rare I sit through a whole conference and not put mental correctives on what is happening in the program. This one had me brushing away many tears as the call to follow Christ was given.


Check out the rest, here. (Sorry, the link isn't working. Scroll down to HOME FROM CHIC)

1 comment:

  1. One of the fun things that blogging has done for me is reconnect me to the lives of people I've lost touch with - almost like from another life. You are quoting Lloyd Ahlem here. He was the speaker at our first missionary retreat(first after Zairianisation when all such gatherings were looked at with suspicion) and I remember him well. He had a teenaged son with him - who along with one of the missionary kids (a Wickstrom) got arrested for something - maybe trespassing on the presidential grounds. It took much talk from the Zairian church leaders and many motherly tears on the part of Fern Wickstrom and a few prayers from us all to get them off. Funny the memories that come back.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.