Monday, July 14, 2003

Zzzzzzz

 

Do you ever get so tired that you can't sleep?

 

Last night, I fell into bed, every part of my body aching, hurting, tired. My muscles all tense, ready for more. I was exhausted.

 

I expected to fall and fall hard into a deep wonderful sleep. But I couldn't find the way.

 

Eyes closed, comfortable bed, and I couldn't sleep. Weird.

 

I watched a little TV then tried again. Thankfully it came.

 

Today I've got a wedding to perform (Is perform the right word here?)

 

So I'm off to do all the paperwork. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I can sympathise. About 7 years ago I was made redundant (as were about 40 other people) due to a bit of corporate revenge at the top of the company. While I did not suffer particularly (and God was very gracious to me in it) it broke my sleep pattern.



    Around the same time as starting a new job I built my first computer, complete with internet connection. In combination the 2 destroyed a normal pattern of sleeping, and I'm still trying to recover it. I find some nights that I just don't want bed. This happens especially after a busy or stressful day, or after evening exercise. I can go to bed and lay awake until 1 or 2 in the morning before getting up. Trying to do a full day's work on 1 hours sleep is interesting, I can tell you (",)



    I'm not sure there's a solution, except a mix of self discipline (to actually GO to bed) and trying to relax beforehand. Even praying while you're awake doesn't often do the trick!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.