Sunday, July 06, 2003

Food like it was meant to be eaten

Tonight we went to a friends place for supper.

 

My oh my oh my, she really put it on. Light mashed potatoes with turkey gravy that melted in your mouth. Mixed peas and carrots that tasted like peas and carrots. Dressing and cranberry sauce, salad and buns. But the best? The best was the Turkey she roasted, it was perfect, just the way I love it. I ate as much as I could. It was an amazing thing of beauty. Then came dessert and tea.

 

It was, without a doubt, the best turkey dinner I've had in a very very long time. She expressed her love for us in deep caring ways, and I went away feeling absolutely cared for.

 

It is in the pleasure of enjoying just such a meal, that I become keenly aware of God's love for me and his blessing on my life. To enjoy the taste of something, what a simple yet profound blessing.

 

Thank you for loving us so well tonight J.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.