Sunday, July 20, 2003

The day at a glance

 

It's about 7:40 pm and I have a headache as big as all outdoors.

 

Sundays are so tiring to me, I really notice a difference when I don't have to do anything for Sunday morning service. Those few and far between days find me at church, worshipping the God I love, chatting in relaxed tones with others along the way. I get home after church with enough energy to enjoy my afternoon, what ever it holds.

 

When I preach or lead worship, my day starts early. I want to get to the church building and spend some alone time with God. My own worship time if you will. Then we practice with the band and get ready for worship. Finally, we draw all the pieces from all the people together to create this moment or hour of worship. It's good but usually leaves me exhausted.

 

So, tonight I have a huge tired headache.

 

Anyway, this morning was cool. I wore some old jeans and a tee-shirt and talked about culture and how will we ever reach different cultures if we demand that they accept our culture, along with our Jesus.

 

I felt allot of freedom and comfort, I wasn't distracted by the comfortlessness of my dress clothes. It was sweet. A side benefit is that in my jeans, I can kneel for a long time and not worry about the knees!! Today I even did some serious carpet time and relaxed in what God was doing, because I wasn't distracted by my clothes. It was very good. I warned the church that it felt good....

 

Then, Steve and Lisa came over for lunch. We made and ate pizza, and had a good time.

 

It was really a good day, now if I could only shake this pain on the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.