Thursday, June 05, 2003

W.W.J.D.

Yeah, it´s somewhat fashionable to wear a bracelet or have a sticker on your car with "What Would Jesus Do" emblazoned on it. I don´t know if we´re telling the world that that´s exactly how we try to behave or what. I have my doubts that it´s any more than a fancy decoration and some good branding.


Take a short quiz


1.) If your church treasurer was stealing from the gifts and donations occasionally, and you as the leader knew about it, what would you do?


WWJD? Apparently leave the man in his position.


But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples?the one who would betray him?said, [5] "That perfume was worth a small fortune. It should have been sold and the money given to the poor." [6] Not that he cared for the poor?he was a thief who was in charge of the disciples' funds, and he often took some for his own use. John 12:4-6 (NLT)


 


2.) If your "Church group" was getting so large that your income would increase and you would need to build a huge new building, what would you do?


WWJD? Say something provocative and scare away most of your followers.


 


Jesus knew within himself that his disciples were complaining, so he said to them, "Does this offend you? [62] Then what will you think if you see me, the Son of Man, return to heaven again? [63] It is the Spirit who gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. [64] But some of you don't believe me." (For Jesus knew from the beginning who didn't believe, and he knew who would betray him.) [65] Then he said, "That is what I meant when I said that people can't come to me unless the Father brings them to me." [66] At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him.   John 6:61-66 (NLT)


 


3.) Your pastor gets a reputation for being a drunkard and hanging out with the worst of the worst.


WWJD? Keep hanging with them in spite of the reputation, and possibly loose any income you had.


And I, the Son of Man, feast and drink, and you say, 'He's a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of the worst sort of sinners!' But wisdom is shown to be right by what results from it." Matthew 11:19 (NLT)



 


Alright, your turn. Include your quiz questions in the comments box.


 


I am curious, What Would Jesus Do.


What Would You Do.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.