Saturday, June 07, 2003

What is Work.

When my parents and grandparents were young and living on the farm, they had to do daily chores. A little bit of work each day to keep things running smoothly. Today we don't have that kind of chore to do. But are there others?


Having a computer used to be about fun and a hobby. It was exploration, dicscovery, creation. But somewhere, somehow, it also became about work.


I just spent hours during the past few days archiving my email of the past 8 years, and that wasn't fun, it was work! But was it work like my forefathers and fivemothers used to do?


I dunno. Is it work when you enjoy it? or just when you hate it?


and, for that matter, what is work?

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.