Saturday, June 14, 2003

Just one more...

Just one more, while I'm still famous.


Thinking about Father's day tomorrow and read Romans 8:12-17 from the Message.



12So don't you see that we don't owe this old do-it--yourself life one red cent. 13There's nothing in it for us, nothing at all. The best thing to do is give it a decent burial and get on with your new life. 14God's Spirit beckons. There are things to do and places to go!
15This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" 16God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. 17And we know we are going to get what's coming to us--an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!


Sons and Daughters.
Not slaves. Not servants. Not enemies. Not visitors. Not company from out of town. Just Sons and Daughters.


Seems a trade I can't turn away from. He wants my old life, in exchange for adopting me into his way cool family. How can I say no?


Happy Fathers Day Father.


And Happy Fathers Day dad. Thanks for showing me how to live through the easy times, but even more, thanks for showing me how to live through the bad times. Thanks for living out the truth, that:



"If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!"


I hope and pray for you so many "Good Times" that somewhere, somehow, sometime, it will all be worth it. Thank you.


 


Nite all.
Sleep well and Be Blessed.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.