Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Off to CBC

I am a member on the Board of  Directors for CBC.


Now, before you all email me asking me to get your favourite songs or shows played, CBC is actually the Covenant Bible College. I haven't yet received the phone call asking me to sit on the board of the Canadian Broadcasting Corp, but I live in hope.


Tomorrow I'm off to Strathmore Alberta, just outside Calgary. I'm driving this time round, so that I can get back for the Sunday morning service. The last meetings are usually over by 6pm Saturday, then I hit the road till I get to Prince Albert, 7 or 8 hours later.


It's a good chance to enlarge my perspective. I often get so focussed on what's happening in my own back yard, that I need to get away to see the larger picture. I also get to work with some interesting and blessed people, friends really. And we spend time listening to one another, to the staff, and to God. Physically it's quite tiring, but emotionally and spiritually its refreshing.


Then, Sunday, we, (the family) is off to Saskatoon to visit my parents, and, if I can stay awake, I want to get to the Worship Freehouse at 8pm, then home again. 


If you think of me on the road, maybe mention my name to Him. My throat is starting to hurt, and I'm a bit over tired, so I really don't want to get sick.


 


If this space is quiet for the weekend, well, you'll know where I'm at.


Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.