Friday, May 02, 2003

"I'm kinda turning 40 this year..."

So, a morning spent in the public health system has proven that i didn't break my wrist (probably due to the extra strength in there from all this typing. How else do you explain 200+ pounds falling on that joint and not breaking...)
But, and here's the painful but, I did achieve some ligament damage, so, 3 weeks or so of healing till I get the ole skates back on.
The look of semi amazement on the Dr.s face made it almost worth it.
Dr: "Hey, Pastor Randall, (it's a small city, the Dr. I was assigned goes to the Alliance church and knows me) So, how did this happen?"
Me: "Uh, roller-blading with my daughter"
Dr: "Is this a new thing for you?"
Me: "Yep, my first time"
Dr: silence
Me: "I'm kinda turning 40 this year..."
Dr: "I'm not saying a thing"
So, I'm doing all this typing with 2 fingers on my left hand. Major tiring.
And, it seems that you really need two hands to do about anything, tie shoes, pull on socks, loop a belt, tuck a shirt in, and don't get me started on going to the washroom!
Tomorrow I'm doing a wedding and I need to polish my shoes, that should take an hour or so.
My finger is tired now, so I'm done typing.
Send up a prayer will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.