Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Growing Old

The kids (eldest three) were away at a youth retreat on the weekend, only Micah was home.


Sure is interesting how the home dynamic changes when the house empties out. There's more room to move around, less noise, more food, more freedom etc.

But I noticed that we spent less time at the table during a meal, visiting and talking. We ate and got on with life.

I think we just spent an hour at the table eating and talking. That's usually my favourite time of the day. Especially when, like tonight, I don't have to rush away for a meeting or something. These are the times I will miss when they leave home.


Sometimes growing old scares me. just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.