Thursday, May 01, 2003

Get your motor runnin

There is a book on my desk that's been mocking me all week.

It's just laying there, at a rakish angle, laughing at my hard work. I bought it last week because I needed to hear what it had to say. It's called "Simpler Living."

I got it because life creeps up on you, and catches you unaware. Then, before you know it, you're held hostage to it. It rules you, pushing your hopes and dreams out the window. You hear yourself saying to your kids more and more "I can't do that now, maybe later, tonight I've gotta go and do this or that."

I want to be a good and available father. I want to be home in my head and heart, when I'm at home in my body. I want to be a good example to the church families who's parents are always on the go.

So, tonight it's happening.

Last Monday I bought a pair of Rollerblades on sale at Canadian Tire for $30 bucks. Tonight is the night. I hit the open road with Hillary. So, I may not be back here. If things go quiet for a while, you can reach me at the Victoria Hospital, here in Prince Albert.

But tonight we live life on the edge!

What's that music playin in my head? "...Get your motor runnin..."

Uh huh. Let's roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.