Friday, April 04, 2003

Finding Jesus

From The Cathy J Weblog

Last evening's service was amazing. Darkness. Candles. Voices singing. God's Spirit moving among and within the people. When the opportunity came for the sacraments, people flooded in, wanting to share with each other. Some offered communion to each other, some asked for prayer for physical or emotional healing. People were praying for blessings for each other, and many were washing the feet of someone they wanted to honor. I had helped set up the sacraments, and was getting fresh water for the basins and making sure people could find the sacrament they were looking for. Then a longtime friend came up to me and asked if she could wash my feet. I was overwhelmed.


Wow. Just wow.
It's is a picture of life, of community, a snapshot of faith.

Check out the rest here. Be prepared for a hunger in your spirit, a desire for the kind of connecting they are doing over there.

If it's true what Paul says in Colossians, that the life of Jesus flows through the joints and connections of the body of Christ, then Cathy and her friends are finding Jesus - God.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.