Wednesday, January 15, 2003

NO NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS ...

It seems that I should have made a New Years resolution to update this thing once and a while, but, you know how that goes!

I guess we've been recuperating from the Christmas Crash thing. We did crash hard this year, and I'm glad I had a week off to help with that process. Lauralea crashed hard this year too, and so we've been putting life back together as quickly as we can because other things are coming up.

Sunday I leave for North Park University in Chicago for a intensive two week course on Covenant History etc. It's part of the orientation program I'm taking.

Anyway, trying to get it all planned and how to get to the University once I get to O'Hare has been a chore. Thank God (and I do mean Thank you Jesus!) for the Internet, which makes it much easier. I will probably have the distinction of Most Bizarre Travel Arrangements of my classmates. I start in a car, spend two hours on a Greyhound Bus, take two planes, take the EL Train, and finally a Chicago City Bus. Good grief. I'll probably still have to walk for blocks and blocks with as little luggage as I can handle for two weeks worth of socks and underwear!

I'm kinda looking forward to it, because it's a new thing and I get to meet some great people from all over the States. Of course I'm going try to get to Andy's Jazz Lounge one (or maybe two!) Evenings on the weekend, and there's the Superbowl happening which means I will have to make some fast friends with some locals if I am going to see it. Sunday also means I get to go to a church of my choosing and I don't have to preach!! I think that's the coolest part. I pray about the church to attend and the Lord always leads and directs to the place.

And I don't look forward to it because it means leaving Laura and the gang behind. That's never fun. I always try to explain it to her but I never do it justice. She's my best friend, she should be there to enjoy it with me ... perhaps on day.

And I DON'T look forward to the two exams the course will hold. I'm quite nervous about that one. I don't do well at exams, so I'm motivated to pray hard. The course text (Which is about 3 inches thick!!) Is required reading BEFORE the course ... only ... it's out of print! I was lucky enough to find one this week, but there's no chance I will get to read the whole thing before the course.

I gotta go. I'm off to a Covenant pastors meeting in Melfort today, and it's a bloomin cold one out there.

Peace and Blessings on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.