Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Please Sir, may we have some more?

We had a really good day at Gateway on Sunday. Course I am biased, but hey, deal with it.

I always love it when God arrives in new ways and colours I've never noticed before. He did that on Sunday.

And I don't know what it was ...

We have an excellent, way above average worship group who led us in some songs. The readings and prayers were, as we usually would do them, and the Message was, well a regular message, i thought.

But God was all over the place.

It was sweet but convicting, loving but challenging, and yes, God did seem to be all over the place. It was the kind of day we want to see happen every day. We want people to enter that space and, regardless of who leads and what music is played, people experience Jesus. That they leave feeling that they have met with the Living God.

I want lost, hurting people to be able to come week by week and, even if they don't enter into any activity, find themselves being healed, and set free, and celebrating life in Christ.

This is my passion for Gateway, that the lost and broken can come and find wholeness and healing.

and you know, I think it's beginning to happen.


And, as for Twilight Zone moments, as we were singing the last song, "It is Well With My Soul" I suddenly felt something tap me on the back. I turned around thinking it was an usher with a late announcement, but no one was there.

Hmm. Probably a couple of Angels jostling for room as they lifted their hands to the sky, worshipping their God.


Thank you Father.
May we have some more please?

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.